Tuesday 3 February 2015

triple feature: fashionable friendships




This past weekend, in the span of 24 hours I watched We Are the Best, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, and GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. Not only is the style in each of these movies visually striking, but they are all positioned around strong female friendships. The idea that other women are competition seeps into the minds of young women everywhere. These three movies challenge that notion and it was almost cleansing to watch them all in a row.

I hadn't seen Romy and Michele's High School Reunion since I watched it with my best girl friend, Calla, in 1997 when it came out. At the time we were 10 or 11 and definitely did not relate to or understand most of the movie. I just knew I liked Phoebe on Friends. (more female friendship! maybe this is something I've always loved?)

NEWAY! Trailers, stills and style boards, shall we?

We Are The Best







we are the best



GLOW: The Story of 
the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling













glow


Romy and Michele's
High School Reunion










romy and michele


No comments:

Post a Comment