Monday 9 March 2015

#funk

I'm in a funk. I don't feel well. I haven't been taking care of myself. I was doing well and Harris' death really derailed me. Anytime something tragic happens, I find it hard to dust myself off and care enough to take care of myself. It's a harsh reminder of how fragile life is, something I am constantly fighting to forget. I feel like I'm stuck in mud. Sometimes writing helps, so here I am. I went to the Sarah Silverman and Friends tribute to Harris Wittels. I cried a lot. It felt cathartic in a way funerals never feel. I prefer to celebrate how someone lived rather than dwell on their death, so I am glad Eloy and I were able to be there and hear everyone's jokes and stories about Harris. It was a really special show, like most shows at Largo. I will never forget the sound of everyone in the theater whistling "You Are My Sunshine" while Todd Glass conducted us, assuring us "Harris is laughing" through his tears.

Enough of that before I cry. In a way I feel weird for taking his death so hard, but it hit really close to home.

Today I am trying to enjoy the friends I have while we are all still here, and I am trying to let go of fear. I know this was filmed forever ago, but I just came across it and it made me smile. This is my favorite White Lung song with two of my favorite people.


Take care of each other.
Be nice.
I love you.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment